Saturday, October 11, 2014

We went to a BBQ in Ningi last night.  I didn't take a sweater because a) I wasn't cold at the time and b) I may have been throwing one or two toys out of the pram about not owning any nice sweaters in the whole world.  It was chilly but once Kurt had the fire lit, it was cozy warm - at least, my front was!


I also met an awesome tree frog.


I tried to take a couple of pictures to dhow his size.

Next to a jumbo box of matches:


But then realised that the Non-Aussies of this blog might not know how big a jumbo box of matches is... so I moved on to a toothpick:


Mind you, he was sitting up for the toothpick picture and lying down for the matchbox one, so the matchbox pic is more impressive - given that the short side of the matchbox is approximately the length of a toothpick.

I also lied to my host and said I liked Australian sausages, when asked, as I felt a little bit guilty about my seafood phobia the previous night.  However, I was saved by the advent of steak sandwiches and celebration cake that left no room for sausages!

Kurt's dad being one of ten means that there are a large number of C's.  Also a large number of Mr & Mrs C's, and I am now contrjbuting to the problem!  I think my sense of humour seems to fit in, though, which helps!  I like to think that I can hold my own...

This morning, Kurt has gone to do the BMW ride, a 88km cycle around Brisbane that started at about 0500 this morning!  I am heading up to Petrie shortly for the club shoot (archery) at Lakeside Bowmen Club.  I'm a bit nervous as this is the first time I have gone without Kurt... I think Krispy Kreme's will be in order on the way!







1 comment: