Monday, September 12, 2016

Today

I got up bright and early this morning and went for a run with Lily.  4K, mostly running, some walking, was nice to get back out on the road.

Once back, it was time to clean upstairs in preparation for the house inspection this morning.  Lily made grunting noises throughout to say 'you haven't fed me yet' but hey, I hadn't fed myself yet so patience, Quincy.

Breakfast of scrambled eggs, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.  Lily had chicken and rice, and the grunting noises stopped.  She then died on the couch from a mixture of exhaustion and full-up-ness I presume.  

 

I cleaned the kitchen and did some more work on the puzzle and have now joined her on the couch.  

 

The vacuum cleaner is waiting for me to vacuum the floor.  I'll get to it at some point.

The building supervisor called to say brick-laying is starting today and that he doesn't think the selected mortar (flush) technique will match the brick so please could he change it.  IMHO he is the expert so please!  Whatever he thinks best.

Tiling will apparently start in two weeks and the tiler will want me on site to discuss how to lay them best.  

I'm going to head up to the site at the end of the week to take photos anyway.

The house inspection is at 11 and it's 9:30 now so plenty of time.  I only need to do the floors.

Tomorrow I am going to Byron with J & Tachi, L and hopefully J's housemate C.  It should be an awesomely fun day.  J was going to organise an Airbnb so we could stay the night, but as just me and him were staying and the cheapest he could find (at the last minute) was $738 for ONE NIGHT I said no way!  That's a crazy amount of money.  Apparently the house  takes 7-8 people, for that it would be fine but not split between two.





No comments:

Post a Comment