Tuesday, May 1, 2012

All animals are created equal

The day is day 3, and there we have it, in all its entirety.  I could finish this blog post there, or I could continue and give you all of the mouldy details , such as this photo that I took about half way through:


Let's see, how many books do we have for this subject
AIP
ERSA
CAR1988
CAOs
3 x charts
CPL Law text book

All, bar the text book, we are permitted to take into the exam, and we can highlight to our hearts content, and put 5 tags in the ERSA and 10 in the AIP.

Instead of the AIP, they have issued us with Jeppesen manuals, so all of the references in the textbook and  module exam papers refer to the AIP... and we must translate this and find the relevant paragraphs to highlight in our Jeppies.  During the exam we can refer to the books, and/or answer the questions alone - hopefully getting them right.  Pass rate is 80%, 40 questions in the exam, therefore 8 questions can be wrong.  Someone else calculated this, I'm too lazy to check it, so I am presuming its truth !

Today we left early - around 1530, as our brains were fried, and we thought a break and then some more swotting would be more profitable than dragging it out another couple of hours.

Current status... 9 module tests down, 1 to go, 2 practise exams down, 6 to go.  Myself and the 3 other victims of Friday's exam are meeting in my apartment at 2000, which is as good a reason as any to tidy this place up, although thankfully the cleaning person came today while I was gone !!  The official reason is to review the mock exams, although I wouldn't say a couple of beers would go amiss either.

News flash !!!  Australian Crunchies are WAY bigger than Irish ones.  I have not been brave enough to try one yet, but I think this could be in my near future.  I've bought a couple of Australian Cadbury's bars, but not eaten them just yet.

I still want to take photos of all of the different trees here.  The trees alone convince me that I am in a foreign country - not that I needed any convincing, but still.  Palm trees, eucalyptus, and lots that I don't know the name of are dotted between the skyscrapers, which tower over forty floors into the sky.  I know this, as our hotel reaches to 40 stories, and it is by no means the highest.  The birds are different too.   There is the occasional crane-type bird pecking away at the base of one of the afore-mentioned trees, its feathers white with a little grey, and a long curved black beak.  What looks like a wagtail only much much bigger - magpie sized, and beyond that who knows.  Seagulls, but we have those in Ireland, so I wasn't going to bring those up, except that otherwise you would think that there weren't any other birds.  No bugs as yet.  The bugs have stayed out of my apartment - I shouldnt say this too loud, otherwise they might hear and think I was looking for attention.

I have not forgotten apartment photos, but all these major photo shoots must wait until after my exam on Friday, which incidentally is at 1300EST.  One more day in class... and then... the execution.  If I should die, think only this of me... etc.

A box of grapes is almost the same price as a cucumber.  This is a random fact, but one I thought you should know.  Grapes are now the new cucumber, and shall be inserted into all dishes previously requiring cucumber, except for those involving tuna (I dont think that one would work too well).

Rob (our instructor) said to us yesterday that we should sit at the same table, the four of us.  So that we could be the Number One Priority.  Apparently this doesn't make any difference except that we can confer amongst ourselves as to where an item is found in the endless mounds of text.  I've sighted him once or twice in the distance with the binoculars that I brought along for this purpose...

Right !!!  Enough waffling for now - "we don't have time for this!" as Rob would say.

TTFN !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment