Friday, May 11, 2012

Today Part 1

Where does one start to describe a day that is so full that this is the first opportunity to sit down and blog... yet I still haven't done anything particularly productive towards my exams?

Right, here goes - I've got my first Skywest Roster!  WOOHOO!

It's not particularly interesting, though.  In fact, the most interesting part of it is that I can't really understand what it's going on about.  Office Admin.  G/S.  Right.   Uh, what is this?  Given that the G/S days are after our exams are over - can it really be ground school?  I don't know!  Lots of emergency procedures, WETS, CRM, and several "J/S" days which I presume mean Jump-seats, as we were told we had to do that.  We were also told that we couldn't do that until we got our uniforms... and I was told today that this would take 4 weeks... so we'll see!  They haven't even started our ID clearance applications yet...

This morning started fairly early.  0600 to be precise, if anyone's counting.  I will miss out the extremely boring details (like brushing my teeth), also miss out the really boring details (like what I had for breakfast) and skip on to the fairly boring ones.  I arranged to meet up with G and the other G, separately, and then A rang me, and asked to come over for a chat, and then D rang and said could he come and pick up his paperwork, shortly after which L called for the same reason...  so I looked at the chaos and confusion in the living room, which looks more like a messy office littered with large quantities of paperwork, shrugged my shoulders, and let it go.  Have another refrigerated Tim Tam, I told myself.  So I did.  They're not bad really, once they're not warmish and meltyish in the wrapper.

*pause from blogging as I remember that I still haven't put my milk in the fridge and it is probably warm and meltyish by now*

Where was I?

Had a long discussion about paperwork... and feedback... and paperwork, and yet more paperwork to come.  Finally managed to rid my apartment of various D's and L's and A's (no sign of the 2 G's) and sat down to write out my ATPL feedback.  Realised that it was 1205 and we were supposed to go to the Uniform Fitting at 1200.  Panicked.

On the way to the Uniform Fitting we figured we should probably work out where it was held, so I rang G to find out where it was.  He said "ok, I'll pop down to your apartment to show you, and get the paperwork off you at the same time."  I said "well you could... but I'm in the car on the way to the fitting so... it could be a lonely stroll..."  Managed to get some vague directions and found the Hangar without much of a fuss.  Did I mention I love my iphone?  And it's GPSnessnessness?

SQUIRREL!!!

Yeah, I know, you're bored of this blog already.  Bit long isn't it?  And I haven't even started.

Skipping on a bit... Uniform Fitting took 1h30 for the 4 of us to try on pretty much every item of uniform in the hangar, including on my part 6 pairs of shoes as the attendant refused to believe that my feet were the size that I said they were... and kept bringing me smaller sizes.  Finally finished up with the size that I had said in the beginning...

Horrible hat.  I look like a right idiot.  Oh well, so does everyone else!!!  J and I had to try on cabin crew jackets and trousers as they don't keep female flight crew uniforms in stock - they have to be ordered individually.  'Cos we're SPESHWL.












No comments:

Post a Comment