Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Last Exam

It's not long now.

It could be that in less than 24 hours' time, I will be able to burn all the books - at least as far as license conversion is concerned.  It's a nice thought, really, but comes hand in hand with that other thought... that this could drag on for at least another week if it doesn't work out As Hoped.

Please don't say there's no way I can fail, please don't pretend that you know whether or not I am prepared.  There is, and you don't.  Wish me luck, by all means, if you're so inclined, but presumption - I don't think there's anything worse.  It adds so much pressure, it makes you feel like if you fail you're not only failing an exam, but yourself, and everyone else.  At least, that's my impression of it.  It is also incredibly annoying.

Anyway, 1 of the 5 days to prepare for this exam, and I haven't done much today.  I've watched a lot of TV, and I've read a great number of articles on the Daily Mail, and I've chatted on Facebook, and I've eaten lots of chocolate, and I've walked into town.  Prepared for IREX?  Not so much.

I seem to have generated a lot of paperwork in the last 3 weeks.  There are piles of Air Law question papers heaped up on tables and on the TV stand.  A box of Human Factors questionnaires in my wardrobe.  The inevitable IREX manuals and textbooks littering the kitchen table, open, inviting, yet unappealing.  I can't even sit on a couch anymore without crinkling up some sort of paperwork or squashing a book.

Come tomorrow, I hope I can clear this place out - not that I'll actually bother...

The exam is at 0830, lasts for 210 minutes, is 40 questions long, and the pass rate is 70%.  This means that I can get 12 questions wrong and still pass the exam.  I'm aiming for 70 - anything above this is a bonus.  If I pass, don't tell me afterwards that you knew it all along.  Don't tell me that well, even though you wouldn't let me say it beforehand, obviously you were going to be ok.  Don't you understand?  It's incredibly annoying, and blatantly untrue!  Even if you think you know, you don't know, and even if you think you understand, you have no idea.  You're not inside my head, and if you want to be inside my head - no!  gross!  get out!

Right, rant over.  I don't usually rant on paper, it's just that 3 exams down... it's even more annoying than it was the first time, and a million times more stressful.  After this is all over, the stress levels will decrease, I will begin to forget, and soon won't remember at all how horrible it really was - and think "that was actually easy", or something.  Humankind is weird like that.  Self-preservation of mentalness-nessity.

I do promise I shall take pictures of the City Beach, by the way, I just haven't been there lately!  I could have gone today, considering that it is involved in the list of Things That Aren't Actually Studying, but I just didn't think of it.  Sorry about that, I promise I shall Do Better Next Some Time.

TTFN!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment