Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birds, Bats and Other Randomness

I saw a bat tonight!  A real bat.  A real, massive, humungous bat that looked like it could eat me if it wanted to.  Pretty awesome.  I hung around for awhile hoping that I would be able to spot another one, but apparently they didn't want to come out and play.  It was least a foot and a half wingspan.  AWESOME.  No photo, sorry!

I did manage to take a picture of one of the bird thingies that hangs around Brisbane everywhere you go.  Not the same one everywhere.  Quite a few of them actually.



What else?  Ah yes, an Australian version of pork/ham - a slab, perhaps 1.5 inches thick, of greasy fat, slightly crispy on one side, and greasy gooey and clumpy everywhere else, with a thin strip maybe 1/4 inch, part way through, of meat.  Nice one... Should have taken a photo, sorry!

Went for a long walk yesterday with a few of the guys, took some photos, just for you.  There was a boat, and another boat, which was actually a ship, and the first was probably a yacht, but who's checking?  Not me.  It was pink, this boat-that-was-probably-a-yacht.  And it said Ella's, or something like that, on the side.  I'm sure I'm going to be corrected on the whole boat/yacht/ship thing, but oh well!


Then we walked through a Purple Tube, of purple flower things.  Apparently they were borgonsomethingerotherzolas.  Purple flowers, I say.  I'm sure I'm going to be corrected on the whole purple flower thing too, you know who you are.  Here's a picture from inside the Purple Tube - I did tell Mr F to get out of the way, but he didn't move fast enough, so here's a picture of the back of Mr F as well:

EDIT:  bougainvilleas, I stand corrected...that took about 30 seconds from clicking "publish"



And here's a picture of the outside of the Purple Tube.  Such a romantic name, I'm sure you think.  It's the Brisbane effect - they have a London Eye, except, it's not in London, and they call it the "Wheel of Brisbane".  Imaginative, huh?  Where was I?  Ah yes, the picture!  It also deserves to be Extra Large, as I think it's quite a nice purpleynessnessness.


And here's a picture of Brisbane's attempt at a fake rainforest.  They have a fake beach and fake sea and fake chocolate - actually I think it's supposed to be real chocolate but not a great attempt.  I don't have pictures of any of that - although there is some of the chocolate in my fridge, so if you really want, I can take a photo of it.


Then here we have the view from C's new apartment - well, the apartment he is staying in right now.  Don't know what the bridge is called.  Don't know what the river's called.  Don't know what the buildings are called, other than skyscrapers.


Here's the famous Wheel of Brisbane at night:


And just to finish it off, I thought I'd add a photo of someone taking a photo, seeing that it seems to be a sort of inherited -ism.




That's all folks!
TTFN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment