Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An Empty Day

Well now that I finally feel up to blogging, I don't have anything to say, because I spent the day lazily watching TV and surfing the interwebz.  No guilty feelings of slacking off from work, as there is no work to slack off from!  Quite an amazing feeling, I must say.  Such liberation to walk out of that building yesterday to the knowledge that I would never have to go back in there again!  I've already handed on all of my textbooks and materials... OOOOOH YEEEAHHHH!!!

Tomorrow I will be starting to look for somewhere to live, and starting to do all the little bits and pieces that just don't get done while swotting for ridiculous exams, such as trying on shoes for work, etc.  Today hasn't exactly been the most profitable on these counts but that's ok.  I'm allowed a day off.

In fact, I'm allowed a week off!!!

Due to my doing nothing today, I don't actually have any photos to share with you, *sob sob*.  However, I promise I will take at least one photo of at least something, however inconsequential, and post it tomorrow.

I did however meet two small people yesterday, who are quite into Lego.  The boy told me "Lego is my life!"  Quite dramatic, but given the quantity of Lego I was introduced to, probably not that much of an overstatement.  I can remember being around that age myself, playing with Lego, building ships and airplanes/aeroplanes, houses, castles, you name it.  My cousins Tom and Fred had the best Lego though.  They had a massive lego castle complete with golden coins and monkeys, palm trees and soldiers, pirates and swords.

Apparently these two diminutive persons had to sell all of their toys before leaving home, with a promise of being able to use the money for new toys when they got here.  I'm not sure that the intention was for them to only get Lego, but I'm fairly certain that it's a strong probability.  Anyway, hopefully I'll get the opportunity to be with them a bit more - they were going to come up to my apartment for a late breakfast, however they had to go house-hunting, which understandably is a priority this week.  Then I'll be able to blog about Something Different.

TTFN !!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Hope you don't mind my crashing your blog party. You're quite a good writer, you know! Not at all surprising when one thinks about it, but I guess I never saw anything of yours before.
    I happened across this bit of e-flotsam just now: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57438825-71/sap-exec-accused-of-faking-bar-codes-to-steal-legos/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, deadscots, we're all wondering who you are (well, okay, perhaps we aren't ALL wondering, but I am anyway!) - spill the beans please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I thought it was pretty obvious - apologies for any unintended mystery.
    However, this blog is not about me, is it? If the honourable proprietor requires further information, I'm happy to oblige.
    Otherwise, I urge everyone to warn their friends about Lego obsession after 50. It could happen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know why you should be a dead Scot, but are you married to Evangelina in another life?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the honourable ... well, never mind. But I do wish to congratulate lesserweevil on exam success, which is a most important point that I neglected before. Well done, LW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I think I've changed my mind about the identity of deadscots: could you be a Dr K M by any chance? (Not expecting an answer since it isn't LW asking the question!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok... here I am... "Hmm. I think I've changed my mind about the identity of deadscots: could you be a Dr K M by any chance?"

    that help at all??

    LW

    ReplyDelete