Sunday, May 6, 2012

Of Mice and Men

This is not a mouse


This is the First Australian Spider.  (technically the second, but I didn't get a photo of that one).  It is a lot larger in this photo than it was in real life - about thumbnail size.  I have no idea what type of spider it was, but it was a Spider.  And seeing it was an Australian Spider, and Some Australian Spiders Bite, and are Poisonous, I did not attempt to make its acquaintance.  I simply took a picture, and left.  Surprisingly, the Spider was still alive after this date.  I figured killing one would not particularly affect the population, so I didn't see the Point.


This is an Australian Idea of Edible Fungus.  I disagree with the previous statement, not so much about the Australian part, nor the Fungus part, but more about the adjective "Edible".

On a more edible topic, this is the Australian Idea of a Caramel Magnum Ego.  Yes, it was italicised on the package.


It had a surprisingly small amount of icecream in it, but an enormous amount of caramel, and a considerable amount of chocolate, which tasted an awful lot better than the Australian Cadbury's I encountered the other day.

It didn't quite look like a real Magnum from the outside either:


Instead it was rather smaller - considerably smaller - and a little misshaped.  However, what it lacked in appearance and size,  it made up for in taste and caramelisation.

I have come to the conclusion that although I could happily live without Australian Spiders, and will never never come in contact with an Australian Idea of Edible Fungus, the Australian Magnum is definitely something I will meet again.  Probably in the very near future.

TTFN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha ... I agree with you about the spider, but the mushrooms look great! I wanna try them! :D

    ReplyDelete